In Daughters of Destiny we discover that we are all links in the same chain as a result of being brought up as women. Many of us learned to be people-pleasers, hoping to get the love that we wanted, initially from our parents and subsequently from authority figures.
We pulled away from others, afraid that we would be hurt. As a result we have suppressed our real personalities, sacrificing our true identities. Any suggestion made to us we internalized as criticism.
Our hearts were filled with guilt because we were afraid of being abandoned if we weren’t “good girls.” Too often we were willing to act against our own feelings to please someone else, and we continually chose unhealthy relationships, repeating the pains from our family of origin.
We stuffed our feelings when we were children and left them buried until we could find other loving hearts to listen and comfort us.THE PROMISES:
1. Our hearts will be free and happy.
2. We will embrace the past and remember it with love.
3. Serenity will shower us.
4. Peace will engulf us.
5. By sharing our loving hearts we will help others.
6. We will say good-bye to self pity.
7. Our relationships will be healthy.
8. We will give up our dependence on others to make us whole.
9. We will discover and embrace our true selves.
10. We will know that we are never alone.THE SOLUTION
This is a spiritual program based on action coming from love. By participating in this program we begin to heal and find our own true selves.
1. We look at our lives to discover how the old ways of thinking and acting might be causing us pain today.
2. It is our individual responsibility to respect, care for and become the healthy, balanced women that we were meant to be.
3. We learn to make peace with the past by chunking––releasing old patterns bit by bit with gentleness, humor, love and respect.
4. We learn to trust other women by opening our wounded hearts to each other and allowing ourselves to be nurtured.
5. We express honestly all the hurts and fears we have kept inside and to free ourselves from the shame and blame of the past.
6. We become our own loving parent by caring for and nurturing the wellbeing of our inner child.
7. We allow ourselves to question and search for a Higher Power of our own understanding in a non-judgmental way.
8. We develop a deep and loving relationship with our Higher Power which guides us in becoming the women we were meant to be.
Scarlett O'Hara Can Go to Hell at Amazon