In the sweet balminess of an English summer, sky blue, air clear and sun gentle, condescendingly English bees sought to weave their pollen laden ways in and out of the Bajaj’s turmeric and kohl structure, oblivious to its stark anomaly.
Tiny hunter spiders, unaware of the surreality of their situation, spun their delicate webs hoping to catch peculiarly English flies in the Indian-ess of the rickshaw’s interior.
On a nearby wooden post a solo majestic magpie preened… Continue
Added by Yusuf Martin on September 29, 2010 at 7:39pm —
Equatorial sun bright, dazzling, burning down on the glass-fibre 4x4 cabin, listening to Quicksilver Messenger Service squeezed into MP3 in my wannabee Jeep, travelling the same roads his father must have taken back then, back in the year he was born, the identical roads he would have travelled many years later to visit the grave of his father left dying in that year, gunned down by insurgents in the Emergency, a bullet finding its mark leaving him fatherless to grow, rebel, drag me into Mann’s… Continue
Added by Yusuf Martin on September 29, 2010 at 7:30pm —
Am I the only one left in the first world who doesn't know how to do something as simple as post a poem on at a site such as this [wonderful] one?? Finally decided to post it as a "blog." [Signed, 'Duh']
Just so Many Map Pins
The refugees, with their barrows of ragged quilts,
yellowed and cracked photographs, and the few
clothes they could fit in. Maybe a pot or a skillet.
Babies and children too small to walk, they carry.
Others' short legs… Continue
My long-term romance with the idea that literary movements define and bookmark significant heroic moments in cultural history began long before I understood who or what had stolen my heart. Yet it seems to have been there for at least as long as long as…
It's one of those
images anyone remotely interested in aviation or military history will
have somewhere in the back of his or her mind: those days of the Great
War, foggy mornings in France or Belgium, and the dawn patrol, brightly
coloured little cloth-wire-and-stick aircraft roaring into the skies.
And what aircraft they were! Sopwith Camels and S E 5a's, Fokker DVIIs
and Albatros IIIs, SPADs and Nieuports, aircraft that were never… Continue
used to happen rather often when I was a pre-school child, maybe about
once a month: I'd begin to get a strange sensation under my tongue. It
was a sensation as of something pushing out from inside, as though the
floor of my mouth was imprisoning something that was trying to be free.
This sensation would increase steadily, never quite reaching the point
of pain, but getting close. And… Continue
Or, is it better to be poor and knowledgeable or an illiterate billionaire?
sure you all must have come across these characters who love to jeer at
anything approaching the search for knowledge for its own sake. I’ve
been told that anyone doing pure research is “jobless” and their efforts
are useless because nobody can make money out of it.
Back in the days when I still used to go on chat, in a… Continue
There is no definition for poetry as such. Many poets repeatedly said many slogans for it.Let us now discuss the recent trends and the styles involved in writing the verses. I wish to invite all…Continue
Vice President Biden, Mr. Chief Justice, members of the United States Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow citizens: Each time we gather to inaugurate a president, we bear witness to the…Continue
Remarks delivered by President Barack Obama at approximately 1:35 a.m. EST November 7, 2012: Thank you so much.Tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own…Continue
CREATIVE THINKERS INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
1. Membership at CTI is free and open to all those interested in either the production or appreciation of the creative arts, to include literature, visual art, dance, music, film, spiritual theory, the social sciences, philosophy, general humanities, scientific inquiry, education in general, and other disciplines intended to enhance the quality of life for all humanity. Applicants should be at least 17 years old and members are allowed one full profile per person.
2. Materials posted by Members of CTI are their sole responsibility and not that of CTI management or any other member of the CTI site.
3. While recognizing that the work of creative artists is often controversial by its very nature, CTI prohibits and discourages the posting of any overtly obscene and intentionally inflammatory material. These include overt pornography, racist diatribes, religious slander, and any postings promoting discrimination against or the oppression of other human beings.
4. In the interest of stimulating creative growth, we encourage dialogue and even debate. However, Members should avoid leaving intentionally offensive or antagonistic remarks on the pages of Fellow Members. We can disagree and still remain a harmonious community.
5. Explore, grow, share, and enjoy your creative success.
Please remember, these guidelines are likely to evolve as the site itself continues to evolve and develop. We welcome and encourage your input. After all, yours are some of the best minds on the planet so we would be very foolish not to listen to what you have to say.