Cartoon of Aberjhani courtesy of cartoonist Mark Streeter
It’s not uncommon for people who possess certain passions to develop exceptional instincts in regard to the objects of those passions. In my case, being a certified bookaholic who has managed major bookstores like Waldenbooks and Books A Million, reviews books all over the Internet (including for Amazon’s Vine Program), and writes in different genres, I have… Continue
The old year is gone.
A new path is now emerging
With the coming year we take our first tentative steps on a new journey.
A journey filled with mystery and wonder .
A journey where we will uncover new talents, secrets will unfold, new truths will be learned.
New friendships will be forged and old ones strenghtened or ended.
New ideas will be born.
The path may get rocky but we will get through it.
Sinking into soft earth, darkness engulfs me cold damp all consuming darkness.
I shiver inside my hard coat.
Unseen creatures move around and over me.
Growth begins, i stretch but hardness encompasses me, stifling movement.
I wait getting stronger pushing gently in the darkness.
Slowly warmth replaces the coldness and a new strength fills me.
I push and push, the once hard shell that… Continue
Statuesque you stand,
in the baudy games of yore,
the baudy games of cupids and of eros delight,
the statuesque statue of loves promise of adore.
Statuesque you stand,
in the heady fields of immortals fields I yearn to find,
the Venisian fields of beauty,
lighted by my internal engine of apollo and psyche,
a passionate intellect of my love,
your statuesque statue to… Continue
MANY YEARS AGO I WAS AN AVID READER OF POETRY ALL THE WORKS I READ THEN RHYMED, AND I BELIEVED THAT WAS HOW POETRY WAS MEANT TO BE , I TRIED TO WRITE BUT HAD DIFFICULTY MAKING THIS HAPPEN.
I EVENTUALY GAVE UP AND LOST INTEREST, MY LITERARY TASTE TURNED MORE TO NOVELS AND THE LIKE.
THEN I FOUND THE INTERNET, WENT ONLINE AND FOUND THE WORK OF SOMEONE THAT REAWAKENED MY INTEREST.
DRAMATIC POETRY THAT DIDN'T RHYME, BUT USED WORDS OF… Continue
When I hear you,
across the void that was my heart,
my heart receeds in sacredness into me,
to find that sacral and mysterious power,
that will draw your heart into mine across the cosmic void,
that voice that mingles and travels in the gases,
that travail and prevail,
that persist and… Continue
In the time it takes,
to write the musings of this verse,
my pen aches like my heart,
to find you in these writings,
to find you in these phrases of loves turn,
to turn the aching and suffering of my hearts burn,
to a fullfilled beating of your loves yearn.
In the time it takes,
to form a trellace with the bloomings of my hearts words,
to spread… Continue
This was an article I originally wrote for Christian Fiction Factor but it has some good points that fit spec-fic writers also.
The Uses and Misuses of Inspiration.
“The Lord gave me this idea.”
How often I’ve heard a new writer say this? Often, this sentence preceded great stories. But just as often it introduced writings that were so half-baked I found myself searching for a tactful way to say “Please don’t blame the Lord for… Continue
Vice President Biden, Mr. Chief Justice, members of the United States Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow citizens: Each time we gather to inaugurate a president, we bear witness to the…Continue
Remarks delivered by President Barack Obama at approximately 1:35 a.m. EST November 7, 2012: Thank you so much.Tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own…Continue
CREATIVE THINKERS INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
1. Membership at CTI is free and open to all those interested in either the production or appreciation of the creative arts, to include literature, visual art, dance, music, film, spiritual theory, the social sciences, philosophy, general humanities, scientific inquiry, education in general, and other disciplines intended to enhance the quality of life for all humanity. Applicants should be at least 17 years old and members are allowed one full profile per person.
2. Materials posted by Members of CTI are their sole responsibility and not that of CTI management or any other member of the CTI site.
3. While recognizing that the work of creative artists is often controversial by its very nature, CTI prohibits and discourages the posting of any overtly obscene and intentionally inflammatory material. These include overt pornography, racist diatribes, religious slander, and any postings promoting discrimination against or the oppression of other human beings.
4. In the interest of stimulating creative growth, we encourage dialogue and even debate. However, Members should avoid leaving intentionally offensive or antagonistic remarks on the pages of Fellow Members. We can disagree and still remain a harmonious community.
5. Explore, grow, share, and enjoy your creative success.
Please remember, these guidelines are likely to evolve as the site itself continues to evolve and develop. We welcome and encourage your input. After all, yours are some of the best minds on the planet so we would be very foolish not to listen to what you have to say.