What used-to-be hurricane Sandy looks like right now in New Jersey.
The latest is that hurricane Sandy has now been downgraded to tropical storm Sandy. Have you seen the weather maps for it? From space the storm looks unbelievably huge because it is in fact more like 3 storms within 1. It’s…
Anybody’s who’s been checking out the Republican and Democratic national conventions have been getting a good look at Americans at their politically passionate best. No matter who you’re rooting for in the upcoming election it’s always great to see people giving real meaning to the word democracy. These two videos show a presentation from each convention, Republican presidential running mate Paul Ryan stating his case for his party and current Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick firing up…
Wouldn’t you know it, just as everybody’s all set to cheer the Dark Knight Rises on to making box office history another crazed gunman goes off on a killing spree. 12 dead at last count and 59 wounded. What the f*ck for???!!!!
Thanks to my MSNBC friends for sharing these videos and update on the massacre in Aurora, Colorado. …
Search for Common Ground video by Common Ground Productions.
The search for common ground among different groups of people in the world is a big part of CTI as I understand it. Instead of trying to blog about the Search for Common Ground peeps I’ll take the easy way out and let them speak for themselves through the videos getting posted and this quote:
“Founded in 1982, Search for Common Ground works to transform the way the…
I heard somebody use the word "euphoria" to describe all the good vibes goin down in DC since Sunday. Seems like a good for the parties that are rocking steady and seem like they're just getting started… Continue
(photo of VP nominee Joe Biden with presidential nominee Barack Obama by B. Smialowski for NYT)
To Chairman Dean and my great friend Dick Durbin; and to all my fellow citizens of this great nation: With profound gratitude and great humility, I accept your nomination for the presidency of the United States.
Let me express my thanks to the historic slate of candidates who accompanied me on this journey, and… Continue
(photo of Michelle Obama by Stephen Cowley for New York Times)
As you might imagine, for Barack, running for president is nothing compared to that first game of basketball with my brother, Craig.
I can't tell you how much it means to have Craig and my mom here tonight. Like Craig, I can feel my dad looking down on us, just as I've felt his presence in every grace-filled moment of my life.
At 6-foot-6, I've… Continue
Patrick Henry Hughes story of living beyond the fact that he was born without eyes to become first a celebrated musician and now one of the most inspiring authors in the world leaves me speechless every time I think about it. "I Am Potential" is about as fitting a title for his book as a title could get. His story is amazing all on its own but I think the full beauty of it comes from his father Patrick John Hughes' totally unconditional… Continue
Known in the past for his jazz-influenced style of performance poetry and for wearing colorfully styled hats that he designed and made, Toussaint St. Negritude in recent years has expanded his sphere of creativity to include playing the bass clarinet. With the release in 2001 of his first hybrid CD, Live at the Koret Auditorium,…Continue
There is no definition for poetry as such. Many poets repeatedly said many slogans for it.Let us now discuss the recent trends and the styles involved in writing the verses. I wish to invite all…Continue
Vice President Biden, Mr. Chief Justice, members of the United States Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow citizens: Each time we gather to inaugurate a president, we bear witness to the…Continue
Remarks delivered by President Barack Obama at approximately 1:35 a.m. EST November 7, 2012: Thank you so much.Tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own…Continue
CREATIVE THINKERS INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
1. Membership at CTI is free and open to all those interested in either the production or appreciation of the creative arts, to include literature, visual art, dance, music, film, spiritual theory, the social sciences, philosophy, general humanities, scientific inquiry, education in general, and other disciplines intended to enhance the quality of life for all humanity. Applicants should be at least 17 years old and members are allowed one full profile per person.
2. Materials posted by Members of CTI are their sole responsibility and not that of CTI management or any other member of the CTI site.
3. While recognizing that the work of creative artists is often controversial by its very nature, CTI prohibits and discourages the posting of any overtly obscene and intentionally inflammatory material. These include overt pornography, racist diatribes, religious slander, and any postings promoting discrimination against or the oppression of other human beings.
4. In the interest of stimulating creative growth, we encourage dialogue and even debate. However, Members should avoid leaving intentionally offensive or antagonistic remarks on the pages of Fellow Members. We can disagree and still remain a harmonious community.
5. Explore, grow, share, and enjoy your creative success.
Please remember, these guidelines are likely to evolve as the site itself continues to evolve and develop. We welcome and encourage your input. After all, yours are some of the best minds on the planet so we would be very foolish not to listen to what you have to say.