Everybody’s heard me say before that good song lyrics can sometimes make good poetry. That might not be the case with Marvin Gaye’s “What’s Going On” so far as the structure of the piece goes but the emotional impact and imagery is as powerful…
If I was a professional music columnist writing about music in 2011 I'd say something about how totally eclectic it all was. In one corner strong rock-rap and hard-edged hip-hop and then in others soul ballads like Adele's and some others. These are three for now but I might do three more:
So many reasons this classic "We are the World" video is one of the most amazing things musicians have ever done. With words and music by Michael Jackson and Lionel Ritchie, the video features some of the greatest talents in the history of American music. I couldn't count or catch them all but this list is the one's I could:
Whoever decided to make this presidential inauguration ball a public one must be a genius because everything about it was classic and beautiful. When you listen to BeYonce singing "At Last" while President Obama and Michelle Obama actually dance live to her live performance you know she's singing about something more than a young woman fulfilling her dream of… Continue
The real subject of this movie sneaked up on me when I was watching it. I thought it was about two old friends getting together to complain about their lives and have some stupid guy time together. Then we find out the movie's really about the personal impact of 9/11 on the main character and how his personal part in the tragedy just broken him so badly he can't see to fix himself or his life. I've see a few really heartbreaking films on 9/11 and this… Continue
Colored pen and ink by Don Dean titled “The Embrace.”
Long-time CTI member Don Dean, known to everybody for his music featured on the main page and also for the creative collage of images on his profile, has provided us with a Valentine gift in the form of a new…
So there I was rummaging about Don Dean's pages looking for an appropriate image to post with this blog about his song "Remember" being the first used on the main page to feature vocals when I came across "The Journey." It felt right to me because even though the song is romantic in an emotional sense the artwork strikes me as romantic in a philosophical sense (not that I'm really… Continue
Now that we’ve enjoyed several weeks of exceptional music from Michael A. Guy’s “August Ocean Overture” new CD, I’m happy to announce that the tune currently warming up our holiday airwaves is Don Dean’s “Magic.” Many will
recall that Don was CTI’s first Spotlight Artist.…
("August Ocean Overture" cover courtesy of Michael A. Guy)
Looks like my name has won me the honor (you’re welcome A) of officially announcing that the music currently playing on CTI’s main page is Michael A. Guy’s “Seabreeze in G Refrain.” It’s from his new CD, “August Ocean…
There is no definition for poetry as such. Many poets repeatedly said many slogans for it.Let us now discuss the recent trends and the styles involved in writing the verses. I wish to invite all…Continue
Vice President Biden, Mr. Chief Justice, members of the United States Congress, distinguished guests, and fellow citizens: Each time we gather to inaugurate a president, we bear witness to the…Continue
Remarks delivered by President Barack Obama at approximately 1:35 a.m. EST November 7, 2012: Thank you so much.Tonight, more than 200 years after a former colony won the right to determine its own…Continue
CREATIVE THINKERS INTERNATIONAL MEMBERSHIP GUIDELINES
1. Membership at CTI is free and open to all those interested in either the production or appreciation of the creative arts, to include literature, visual art, dance, music, film, spiritual theory, the social sciences, philosophy, general humanities, scientific inquiry, education in general, and other disciplines intended to enhance the quality of life for all humanity. Applicants should be at least 17 years old and members are allowed one full profile per person.
2. Materials posted by Members of CTI are their sole responsibility and not that of CTI management or any other member of the CTI site.
3. While recognizing that the work of creative artists is often controversial by its very nature, CTI prohibits and discourages the posting of any overtly obscene and intentionally inflammatory material. These include overt pornography, racist diatribes, religious slander, and any postings promoting discrimination against or the oppression of other human beings.
4. In the interest of stimulating creative growth, we encourage dialogue and even debate. However, Members should avoid leaving intentionally offensive or antagonistic remarks on the pages of Fellow Members. We can disagree and still remain a harmonious community.
5. Explore, grow, share, and enjoy your creative success.
Please remember, these guidelines are likely to evolve as the site itself continues to evolve and develop. We welcome and encourage your input. After all, yours are some of the best minds on the planet so we would be very foolish not to listen to what you have to say.